Month #2: Summary
It's January now, and Tokyo is sooooo cold this month (ok, maybe it's only soooo cold to me, I'm from a Tropical country =P).
Well, at least the cat thinks it's cold too...
(photo taken from a restaurant in the ski resort)
We've both went on our holiday at the year end, P went to visit Italy, and I went for a 5 days snowboarding trip in Nagano area (Japan). My body is aching a little after the trip but felt pretty awesome after a good break.
I miss the ski resort...
Anyhow we are both recharged! Construction on bloggie.io is being resumed!
One month has passed again since the last summary... It's time to do a summary of the progress of Bloggie. Oh ya, Bloggie sort of became the name we want to go with! We bought the domain. I wanted to get
bloggie.com initially, but it was taken. oh well,
bloggie.io looks kind of cool too. ^_^ In fact, I think it's cooler than
.com now (totally not because I couldn't get it).
Here's a list of things that we've done this month.
- styling improvement
- replying to comment
- inbox & notification is introduced (inbox is pretty big, this includes many smaller hooks: comment notifications, follow notification, etc)
- nav bar dropdown
- bought bloggie.io
- github registration
- front page (rough UI)
- other bug fixes (saving html into db)
- slug generation for content name
- very rough profile page
- test environment setup - (rpsec, factorybot, capybara)
- CI is introduced
- image uploading moved to S3
- markdown-it is introduced (better performance, more extension)
Using my amazing estimation skill as a software engineer ಠ_ಠ, I believe the site will be usable in another month!
Some interesting stuff in the pipeline:
- support tweets in post
- support emoji
- better home page
- better draft page
- better profile page
- able to comment in markdown
- better image uploading experience
some less interesting but still pretty good stuff:
- add terms
- support ssh so users feel safe
- feature explanation page
- bloggie's vision page
Tan Jun Rong
Clap to support the author, help others find it, and make your opinion count.